YMCA Pool Rules and Policies
The following rules have been carefully considered and help to preserve everyone’s health and safety and secure appropriate behavior for a family environment.
- Soap showers are required before swimming
- No running on pool deck
- No wild or dangerous play allowed
- No floatation devices allowed in the deep end of the pool
- No diving in the shallow end of the pool
- No food or beverages allowed in the pool area
- Starting blocks are for swim team use only
- Lifeguard has authority to implement special rules if necessary
Lifeguards are the final authority on all pool safety rules!
Parents or guardians are responsible for supervising their children. Lifeguards are on duty to enforce rules and to respond in case of an emergency.
Children must be at least 10 years old and able to swim the length of the pool in order to use the pool without parent/guardian supervision.
Swimming apparel is required; NO cut-off jeans or shorts allowed in the pool.
Swimmers with open sores, rashes or infectious disease are asked to refrain from using the pool.
Children who are not toilet trained are required to wear a swim diapers or rubber pants when in the pool.
Parents and spectators can view swim lessons from upper lobby after dropping kids off at class.
The schedule for programmed and open swimming is updated quarterly and can be found posted at the Welcome Center or the link at the bottom of this page. Please note that during “open swim,” a lap lane remains open for those members who would like to swim laps.