Donate & Make a Difference
Offers children the opportunity to learn life-changing water safety skills through 7 weeks of swim lessons, or a chance to build confidence and self esteem through a gymnastics or youth sports program.
Can send one child to summer camp for a week. This support allows families in need to afford Y Camp offering children a safe place to go while parents work.
Enables 5 children to participate in our Youth Basketball League and thus begin a healthier lifestyle, develop teamwork skills and grow into a healthy adult.
Builds a strong family foundation by providing two family memberships and one year’s worth of youth programming for families of four.
CRISIS SUPPORT CAMPAIGN
CURRENT COMMUNITY IMPACT
During the COVID-19 crisis we remain dedicated to strengthening the community. Our doors may be closed but we are continuing to do all we can to comply with community mitigation strategies and keep our community safe and strong.
- Providing a Community Food Drive donation site so our neighbors don’t go hungry.
- Hosting Red Cross Blood Drives in April and May to meet critical need.
- Mobilized and ready to provide critical childcare for essential workers
- Reaching out to seniors and vulnerable population to ensure their needs are being met.
- Partnering in a Curbside Meal Distribution event for Tri-Cities seniors.
- Providing virtual fitness classes, story times and activities for all ages to enjoy from home.
You can help us sustain our community and support our eventual re-opening. Donate today for a stronger, healthier, us.
MAKING AN IMPACT ALL YEAR LONG
You can make a meaningful, enduring impact right here in the Tri-Cities community. Click the DONATE button on this page to donate online, stop in to donate in person, or mail your donation to:
Tri-Cities Family YMCA, Attn: Annual Campaign, 1 Y Drive, Grand Haven, MI 49417.
Every gift to the Tri-Cities Family YMCA strengthens our community and makes a difference in the lives of each individual we serve. It is only through generous support we are able to provide financial assistance to ensure every child, family and adult has access to the Y. Please contact our Philanthropy and Administrative Coordinator, Elizabeth Huisman to explore how you can get involved in making a lasting impact.
Help us continue to improve lives and increase our impact by making a donation to our Annual Campaign. This year the Tri-Cities Family YMCA will provide over $200,000 in free or discounted programs and membership benefits to people in our community who need our help, including:
- Memberships for 716 individuals & families
- Free Healthy After School Program for local youth
- Sports & Aquatic Programs for 130 youth, adults and seniors
- Free Diabetes Prevention classes
- Summer Camp & Preschool for 100 children
- Free lunches for qualifying Summer Campers
- Free Pedaling for Parkinson’s for those struggling with the disease
- Memberships for 37 local Military & Coast Guard Personnel
- Free Safety Around Water Training for over 200 local elementary students
- Free Fitness & Nutrition Education for all ages
Stories like Frank’s, shown below, remind us why the Y is such an important part of a healthy, vibrant community. Click here to donate and make a lasting difference.
2019 Annual Campaign Celebration
On October 16, 2019 guests experienced the impact created by community commitment to the Tri-Cities Family YMCA. Every day the Y supports local children, families and adults by fostering education, development, health and belonging. It was a magical evening of celebration with cocktails, appetizers and conversation. Together we are creating a better us.
2019 Morning at Camp
On July 8, 2019 guests participated in an interactive, informative morning at summer camp. They experienced first-hand how the Y is making an impact and learned that 1 out of every 4 campers receives financial assistance from us. Camp doesn’t have to be a luxury; thanks to community support we are able to keep our promise of making camp available to all children.
Thanks to our volunteers, members, staff, vendors, donors and partners we are able to transform lives in our community every day. We truly appreciate everyone making so much possible with their dedication, support and generosity. Together, we are building a better community! Here are a few examples of that impact:
- GVSU – Integration Counselors provided to campers with exceptionalities at no extra cost
- Love In Action – Homeless provided a safe place to strengthen their bodies and their minds free of charge
- The Chamber of Commerce Grand Haven, Spring Lake, Ferrysburg – Professional Development Training for young adults
- Licensed & Accredited Summer Day Camp, meeting over 320 rigid standards
- All Tri-Cities area schools – 7th Grade Initiative provides free membership to 7th graders the entire school year
- Lake Effect Kitchen – Healthy food available to summer campers
- Momentum Center – Swimming pool available
- Four Pointes – Senior swim class available
- Ottawa County Parks – Educational field trips for youth
- Tri-Cities Historical Museum – Informative field trips for youth
Here are examples of organizations that help fund our programs and services:
- JSJ Foundation – Summer Camp support
- Michigan Alliance – Free healthy snacks for and after school program for children & teens
- Grand Haven Area Community Foundation – Camp Counselor development and training
- Greater Ottawa County United Way – Day Camp support
Click here to donate and make an impact.
No gift is too small. Every gift makes a difference. You may make a one-time gift or give monthly.
Corporate Matching Gifts
You may be able to increase the impact your donation makes to the Tri-Cities Family YMCA. Many employers offer programs where your contribution to the Y is matched by the corporation or its charitable foundation. Contact your employer to see what’s available and we’ll assist you the rest of the way.
Chair’s Round Table
Through the Chair’s Round Table, we recognize those donors who have advanced their support by making annual contributions to the Y of $1,000 or more. These individuals, businesses and other community organizations enable us to enrich and expand our mission of strengthening the community.
It’s easy to join the Chair’s Round Table. Just make a contribution totaling $1,000 or more to the Tri-Cities Family YMCA by December 31. You may give all at once or monthly to reach your total annual gift.
The Torch Society was created to help support long-term sustainability for all our programs, services and scholarships. The society recognizes individuals and couples who have named the Tri-Cities Family YMCA as the beneficiary of any type of planned or deferred gift. The purpose is to acknowledge and thank those who have made these gifts and to encourage and inspire others to do the same. The knowledge of forthcoming gifts also assists the Y more accurately plan for the future. First, arrange your planned gift, then email firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: Torch Society with your completed Torch Society form.
Members As Donors
As a member, you have the opportunity to share your Y with those who are struggling financially. You can make a one-time donation or round-up your monthly membership to make a recurring monthly donation. Please email Elizabeth Huisman to sign up today.
As an employee of the Tri-Cities Family YMCA you get to both experience and contribute to the strengthening of our community. You can make a one-time donation or set up a recurring bi-weekly deduction through payroll by emailing Elizabeth Huisman.