Donate & Make a Difference
Offers children the opportunity to learn life-changing water safety skills through 7 weeks of swim lessons, or a chance to build confidence and self esteem through a gymnastics or youth sports program.
Can send one child to summer camp for a week. This support allows families in need to afford Y Camp offering children a safe place to go while parents work.
Enables 5 children to participate in our Youth Basketball League and thus begin a healthier lifestyle, develop teamwork skills and grow into a healthy adult.
Builds a strong family foundation by providing two family memberships and one year’s worth of youth programming for families of four.
Join us in strengthening the community. Your gift will help provide much-needed services to local youth, adults and families, including:
- Licensed childcare for families
- Community food distribution so our neighbors don't go hungry
- Thrive at the Y school-age care program created for remote-learning students
- Safety Around Water swim instruction for youth
- Preschool for local children
- Senior and vulnerable population outreach to ensure needs are being met
- Donation site for community food, clothing and school supply drives
- Hosting American Red Cross blood drives to meet critical need
- Community race events to promote health & wellness
- Fitness classes and healthy activities for all ages offered in-person and virtually
- Financial assistance provided to ensure everyone has access to the Y
Stories like Frank’s, shown below, remind us why the Y is such an important part of a healthy, vibrant community. Click here to donate and make a lasting difference.
2019 Annual Campaign Celebration
On October 16, 2019 guests experienced the impact created by community commitment to the Tri-Cities Family YMCA. Every day the Y supports local children, families and adults by fostering education, development, health and belonging. It was a magical evening of celebration with cocktails, appetizers and conversation. Together we are creating a better us.
2019 Morning at Camp
On July 8, 2019 guests participated in an interactive, informative morning at summer camp. They experienced first-hand how the Y is making an impact and learned that 1 out of every 4 campers receives financial assistance from us. Camp doesn’t have to be a luxury; thanks to community support we are able to keep our promise of making camp available to all children.
Thanks to our volunteers, members, staff, vendors, donors and partners we are able to transform lives in our community every day. We truly appreciate everyone making so much possible with their dedication, support and generosity. Together, we are building a better community! Here are a few examples of that impact:
- GVSU – Integration Counselors provided to campers with exceptionalities at no extra cost
- Love In Action - Homeless provided a safe place to strengthen their bodies and their minds free of charge
- The Chamber of Commerce Grand Haven, Spring Lake, Ferrysburg - Professional Development Training for young adults
- Licensed & Accredited Summer Day Camp, meeting over 320 rigid standards
- All Tri-Cities area schools - 7th Grade Initiative provides free membership to 7th graders the entire school year
- Lake Effect Kitchen - Healthy food available to summer campers
- Momentum Center – Swimming pool available
- Four Pointes – Senior swim class available
- Ottawa County Parks – Educational field trips for youth
- Tri-Cities Historical Museum – Informative field trips for youth
Here are examples of organizations that help fund our programs and services:
- JSJ Foundation – Summer Camp support
- Michigan Alliance – Free healthy snacks for and after school program for children & teens
- Grand Haven Area Community Foundation – Camp Counselor development and training
- Greater Ottawa County United Way – Day Camp support
Click here to donate and make an impact.
No gift is too small. Every gift makes a difference. You may make a one-time gift or give monthly.
Corporate Matching Gifts
You may be able to increase the impact your donation makes to the Tri-Cities Family YMCA. Many employers offer programs where your contribution to the Y is matched by the corporation or its charitable foundation. Contact your employer to see what’s available and we’ll assist you the rest of the way.
Chair’s Round Table
Through the Chair's Round Table, we recognize those donors who have advanced their support by making annual contributions to the Y of $1,000 or more. These individuals, businesses and other community organizations enable us to enrich and expand our mission of strengthening the community.
It's easy to join the Chair's Round Table. Just make a contribution totaling $1,000 or more to the Tri-Cities Family YMCA by December 31. You may give all at once or monthly to reach your total annual gift.
The Torch Society was created to help support long-term sustainability for all our programs, services and scholarships. The society recognizes individuals and couples who have named the Tri-Cities Family YMCA as the beneficiary of any type of planned or deferred gift. The purpose is to acknowledge and thank those who have made these gifts and to encourage and inspire others to do the same. The knowledge of forthcoming gifts also assists the Y more accurately plan for the future. First, arrange your planned gift, then email email@example.com, Subject: Torch Society with your completed Torch Society form.
Members As Donors
As a member, you have the opportunity to share your Y with those who are struggling financially. You can make a one-time donation or round-up your monthly membership to make a recurring monthly donation. Please email Elizabeth Huisman to sign up today.
As an employee of the Tri-Cities Family YMCA you get to both experience and contribute to the strengthening of our community. You can make a one-time donation or set up a recurring bi-weekly deduction through payroll by emailing Elizabeth Huisman.