Dear Members and Friends,
Thank you again for staying with us. Your support is enabling us to continue providing health and wellness resources and much needed programming for youth. We will continue to make updates to our offerings in a way that maintains compliance with MDHHS orders and the safety of our community. Your health and safety is always our top priority. Below you will find a list of changes effective NOV 23, 2020.
OPEN Programs and Services
Individual Health and Wellness Activities
- Cardio Theater and Weight Room: Please observe expanded social distancing requirements and capacity limits.
- Personal Training – Contact Brandy Fisher to schedule your session.
- Locker Rooms – Lockers and showers remain open.
- Virtual Exercise Classes – Visit our private Facebook Fitness Group page to view live and recorded classes from your favorite instructors.
- Open Gym – the West Gym is now available at varying times throughout the day. At this time capacity is limited to one individual or household per hoop.
- Youth Fitness Policy – Youth members ages 11 and up are now allowed to be in the Y without adult supervision if they are in compliance with our Youth Fitness Policy. Please ask at the Welcome Center if you are not familiar with the policy.
Childcare and School-Aged Care
- THRIVE |AT THE Y Academic support, outdoor recreation and healthy snacks for school-aged children. Click here for more information.
- Licensed Child Care Fully operational with additional safety measures in place. Contact Brianna Moynihan for openings.
- Kids’ World 8:45 AM – 12:00 PM, M-F.
- Open Lane Swim – One swimmer per lane. If there is a wait, 30-min. time limit. We now have new evening hours! Join us from 5:15 PM – 7:00 PM, Mon-Thurs.
Program and Service CHANGES due to recent emergency order
- All classes and team gymnastics will be suspended through Tuesday, DEC 8.
- Pro-rated system credits will be issued for weeks missed due to the emergency order at the end of the session.
- Registration for YBL will open as scheduled on Wednesday, NOV 18 for the season starting mid-JAN, 2021.
Health and Fitness
- All indoor group fitness classes are suspended by emergency order Tuesday, NOV 17 through Tuesday, DEC 8.
- Virtual classes will continue and members are encouraged to join our private Facebook Fitness group for live streaming of classes.
- Open Gym is suspended NOV 18 – DEC 8, 2020.
- Swim Lessons, group and private – Classes will be discontinued through DEC 8.
- Waterworks Classes will be suspended through Tuesday, DEC 8.
As always we appreciate your patience and understanding as we keep the Y safe and healthy for all. Please watch for more details and updates via email and on our website.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Welcome Center at 616-842-7051. Wishing you and your family continued health and wellness.