Dear Members and Friends,
First and foremost, we want to thank all of you for supporting the Y and staying with us. Whether as a Sustaining Member, new member or program participant, you enable us to keep our doors open and support the community. In the coming month we will:
- Launch a new meal program to help abolish hunger in the greater Grand Haven community.
- Partner with the Ottawa County Department of Public Health for a Flu Shot clinic on NOV 18
- Host our 8th Red Cross Blood Drive on NOV 27
We could not do any of this without your support. You’ve been here for us and we will always be here for you.
UPDATES REGARDING GATHERINGS AND FACE MASK EMERGENCY ORDER
Your health and safety is always our top priority. Below you will find a list of changes effective through DEC 8, 2020.
Programs and Services That Will Remain Open
Individual Health and Wellness Activities
- Cardio Theater and Weight Room: Please observe expanded social distancing requirements and capacity limits.
- Personal Training – Contact Brandy Fisher to schedule your session.
- Locker Rooms – Lockers and showers remain open.
- Virtual Exercise Classes – Visit our private Facebook Fitness Group page to view live and recorded classes from your favorite instructors.
Childcare and School-Aged Care
- THRIVE |AT THE Y Academic support, outdoor recreation and healthy snacks for school-aged children. Click here for more information.
- Licensed Child Care Fully operational with additional safety measures in place. Contact Brianna Moynihan for openings.
- Kids’ World 8:45 AM – 12:00 PM, M-F.
- Open Lane Swim – One swimmer per lane. If there is a wait, 30-min. time limit. We now have new evening hours! Join us from 5:15 PM – 7:00 PM, Mon-Thurs.
Program and Service CHANGES Due to Emergency Order
- Classes will continue through Tuesday, NOV 17.
- All classes and team gymnastics will be suspended Wednesday, NOV 18 through Tuesday, DEC 8.
- Pro-rated system credits will be issued for weeks missed due to the emergency order at the end of the session.
- Registration for YBL will open as scheduled on Wednesday, NOV 18 for the season starting mid-JAN, 2021.
Health and Fitness
- All indoor group fitness classes are suspended by emergency order Tuesday, NOV 17 through Tuesday, DEC 8.
- Virtual classes will continue and members are encouraged to join our private Facebook Fitness group for live streaming of classes.
- Open Gym is suspended NOV 18 – DEC 8, 2020.
- Swim Lessons, group and private – Classes will continue through Tuesday, NOV 17.
- All swim lessons will be suspended by emergency order Wednesday, NOV 18 through Tuesday, DEC 8.
- Waterworks Classes will be suspended through Tuesday, DEC 8.
As always we appreciate your patience and understanding as we keep the Y safe and healthy for all. Please watch for more details and updates via email and on our website.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Welcome Center at 616-842-7051. Wishing you and your family continued health and wellness.