We are reopening the Tri-Cities Family YMCA in a way that prioritizes the health and well-being of our staff, members and the community. To ensure the highest standards of safety are maintained, and the well-being of our staff and members is closely monitored, we are reopening in phases. Below are elements of Phase 1. Phases are not time limited but fluid and changes will be communicated as they become available. Watch our Welcome Back video to better understand how the Y will be a bit different but still great when you return!
Visiting the Y – What to know and do before you arrive!
Pre-screen for symptoms of COVID-19. If you have any of the symptoms or have been exposed to someone who does, please stay home.
Be sure to scan your membership card upon entering the facility.
Please wear a mask when not working out and maintain a 6-ft. distance from other members at all times.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Our facility is currently closed to the public by state order. Only parents transporting childcare and camp children are permitted to enter. Once we are able to reopen our building, the hours will be as follows:
Monday-Friday 5:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Saturday 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Sunday – Closed
POOL – Lap Swim Only
Mon-Friday 6:30 AM – 10:30 AM, 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
OPEN AREAS, PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
- Outdoor Open Gym: Join Health and Wellness Coordinator Brandy Fisher on the front lawn of the Y to check out equipment, use the Spin Bikes and rower and get tips on great workouts. Click here for details.
- Summer Day Camps – Running full capacity with health and safety measures in place.
- Licensed Child Care – Fully operational with additional safety measures in place.
- Group Exercise Classes – Many virtual and outdoor classes are currently offered. See schedule here.
- Outdoor Personal Fitness Training – Contact Brandy Fisher to schedule your sessions.
- Summer 2 Swim Lessons: Pending pool reopening. Register here.
- Virtual Early Childhood Resources – Join our Tri-Cities Family YMCA Early Childhood, Preschool and Camps Group to enjoy read alouds by our wonderful staff, resources, games and more, all provided to make the COVID-19 crisis a little easier for our youngest friends.
- Community Support: We are always working to see our community through the pandemic through blood drives, food collection, senior outreach and more. Contact Kelly Ruffing to learn how you can get involved and help to strengthen the Tri-Cities.
NEW SAFETY MEASURES
- Staff are trained in new policies and procedures to ensure maintenance of the highest standards of safety and cleanliness.
- Staff are required to wear PPE when social distancing is not possible. Members are strongly encouraged to wear PPE when not working out.
- Youth under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a supervising adult.
- Stairwells and weight room track are one-way.
- Equipment is spaced or restricted to maintain distancing.
- Staff and members are required to maintain a 6-ft. distance at all times.
- New signage is posted throughout the Y to ensure staff, members and guests follow CDC and state-recommended guidelines for staying healthy.
- Only members and staff will be allowed to enter the Y. No guest passes will be issued and nationwide reciprocity will not be honored.
INCREASED CLEANING EFFORTS
- Our building is deep cleaned and all surfaces are being sanitized using a hospital-grade disinfectant.
- In addition to our regular nightly cleaning, our cleaning contractor will be sanitizing all surfaces, every evening.
- Staff and volunteers will be wiping down equipment and all surfaces regularly with a hospital-grade disinfectant which kills the coronavirus.
- Spray bottles of disinfectant will be placed throughout the Y so staff and members can spray surfaces and equipment before and after use.