Body Composition Analysis
Bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) is a safe, accurate and noninvasive body composition technique. Testing results can give you an accurate picture of your body composition and help you target your training to maximize results! Testing and consultation takes less than 15 minutes and will provide you with the following information:
BODY COMPOSITION Muscle, Fat, Total Body Water
PERCENTAGE BODY FAT AND BMI (Body Mass Index)
SEGMENTAL LEAN MUSCLE DISTRIBUTION (Right/left legs, arms and trunk)
BASAL METABOLIC RATE (Calories burned in a day at complete rest)
Re-testing is recommended every 3-4 months as you work toward accomplishing your long term goals! Tests can be scheduled at the YMCA Welcome Center.
MEMBER ONE TEST: $15
MEMBER TWO TEST PACKAGE: $25
NONMEMBERS: $30 per test
Here is an example of how this unique body measurement tool can help shape your workout program.
If feasible please follow these guidelines below prior to your test:
ABSOLUTELY NO DEFIBRILLATOR, PACEMAKER OR ARTIFICIAL HEART FUNCTIONS ON THIS MACHINE
• Avoid exercising at least 2 hours prior to test
• Avoid eating at least 2 hours before test
• Avoid excessive consumption of fluids prior to test
• Measurement should ideally be done before mid-day
• Wear light clothing
• Use restroom before test
• You will be asked to remove socks and all items from pockets
• No cell phones while on machine, no prosthetic limbs or metal rods.