American Red Cross Lifeguard courses available.
During the American Red Cross Lifeguard course, you will learn the following skills: CPR for the Professional rescuer, Basic First Aid, AED and Emergency oxygen. How to prevent incidents, how to recognize and respond to emergencies in the pool and around the deck. The course presents information on the skills and knowledge lifeguards need in pool, lake, river, surf and waterpark environments. Participants MUST attend all course times and complete all online tutorials prior to the first day of class. The pre-work will be sent 2 weeks prior to the start date.
The Physical prerequisites for the course are:
- 16 years old or above
- Treading water for 2 mins no hands
- 300 yards swim free style, breast stroke, side stoke
- Feet first and head first surface dive
- Pick up object off the bottom of the pool
- Climb out of the pool without ladder or assistance
- Saturday, May 21st 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Sunday, May 22nd 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday, May 28th 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Sunday, May 29th 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Cost: $150 for Members and $200 for nonmembers. There is a $100 deposit that is due upon registration, this deposit goes toward the cost of the course.