Code of Conduct
The Tri-Cities Family YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all. To promote safety and comfort, the YMCA asks all persons to act appropriately at all times when in our facilities, on our property or participating in our programs.
We expect persons using the YMCA to act maturely, to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. The actions listed below, which are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of behaviors, are considered inappropriate and are prohibited in our facilities or programs:
- No electronic devises to be used in locker rooms (cell phones, cameras, etc.)
- Using or possessing alcohol or illegal drugs on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles or facilities, or at YMCA-sponsored programs
- Smoking on YMCA property – all of our YMCA buildings and grounds are smoke-free environments
- Carrying or concealing a weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive, or threatening way
- Verbally abusive behavior, including profanity, angry language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior; any sexual contact with another person
- Inappropriate, immodest, or sexually revealing attire
- Theft or behavior that results in this page for of property
- Loitering within facilities or on the grounds of the YMCA after being requested to depart the YMCA’s property
- Use of social networking websites in a manner that is contrary to the YMCA’s mission, is detrimental to the community or is in violation of the law.
In addition, the YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is or has been a registered sex offender, has ever been convicted of any offense related to the sale, possession and/or transportation of illegal drugs, or is currently under the influence of illegal or dangerous drugs or chemicals, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages.
Anyone who feels that this Code of Conduct is being violated should immediately report the behavior to a staff person on duty. Suspension or termination of YMCA membership may result from a violation of this Code of Conduct. While an incident is being investigated, the membership of the person(s) accused of violating this Code of Conduct may be temporarily suspended pending a final decision.